Listen Live on  
 

106.1 KISS FM

Dallas / Fort Worth's hit music
 
 

Teen's phone ignites under her pillow

 
Teen's phone ignites under her pillow
Posted July 29th, 2014 @ 10:55am by Newsy, a Newser Video Partner

(NEWSER) – Plenty of people tend to fall asleep with their phones in their beds at night, but one 13-year-old's tale is cautionary, to say the least.

Ariel Tolfree says her Samsung Galaxy S4 slipped under her pillow after she went to bed, and she woke a burning smell.

Her dad tells KDFW he thinks the phone overheated and the battery—a replacement, not the original—swelled while she slept. Newsy reports:

Recommended Stories

More from 106.1 KISS FM

*